Sunday, December 26, 2010

Lace and time..

 Today I would like to share with you the lace I keep around my home.





This one is crochet lace made with the thinnest thread,
I admire the skill that went into making it.



In France my daughter and me were admiring a market stall with over-priced hand made embroidered linen, a lady that saw us waited until we moved away from the stall and offered her mothers linen to us.
At her home she showed us a stack of small table linen and pillow cases which I was too happy to take off her hands and that for 5 Euros each.  










This table cover I bought in England from a charity shop and it's my favourite one.
It has a very fine crochet border and some beautiful embroidery on it.



Did I mention that I have a tick for clocks?


This one keeps perfect time, it's a Grandmother's clock.


This clock has a very nice striking sound EVERY 15 minutes and a whole melody on the hour, so I don't wind it up any more, it drives my family crazy! It just stands there being pretty.


This one I keep running, the hourly strikes are very soft and nobody complains..


Another silent one... The vintage hat I got from my daughter for Christmas.
I want to start a collection of top hats, now I've got two, I have to start somewhere..


Auction find! I have a barometer to go with this one.


This one is a "paardjes klok" it has a horse on top of it, this is an old one, you can't imagine the sound it makes when it strikes, as if he was a heavy smoker for about a hundred years... when it does strike the whole family goes aahhh!! how sad.. so I don't wind it up anymore.

I am joining   Romantic Home and  Blue Cricket Design for show and tell.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Angela, Your collection of watches is fabulous! But precious your purchases, your pillowcases and what you shared with your followers, lucky, because if you find it hard here and if you find its value is prohibitive !$$$$$, God has blessed you! hugs, Rose Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wow wow... such a beautiful collection:))...
    and I love all of your lace:)).....
    hugs:))....
    M...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I so love your lacy collection! And the clocks too!

    ReplyDelete