Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mille Feuille cushion

The other day I was given discontinued samples of materials
from the shop where I bring my items.
The samples were quite small so I cut them in squares with zig-zag scissors,
(Pinking shears)

 

I cut a heavy cotton material for the cushion, 40x40 cm.
and drew lines where I should stitch along.
A diamond shape or heart would also be nice.
I then pinched the middle of the cut out little squares and stitched each one to the cushion
with a centimeter space between them.
Keep going round and round until you reach the center.
Then make a simple overlap on the back.












It took a few hours, but it was fun to make.


I love this guide, it lets you know of all the flea-markets in France and informs on how many stands there are, on which days, what you can find there and in detail how to get there,
I wish I could go to every one of them...




Lyon page 97, 400 vendors! Yasmin, how come you never showed me this market?
 Lyon is where my daughter and family lives and are moving
soon to Strasbourg page 105, 25 vendors..., next time when I visit, I'm sure to take my guide with me!

Today I am joining in with  White Wednesday
                                                      Metamorphosis Monday
                                                 Wow us Wednesday
                                                          Transformation Thursday
                                              and  Show and Tell Friday



11 comments:

  1. Wow, love that pillow,that's a lot of work but it's beautiful.Have a great day!
    XXXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Beautiful!!! What a great idea! Love your blog, Celeste, victoriantailor.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely pillow and a great way to use up those samples!! I just love it!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. This pillow turned out just gorgeous, Angela! I love creations that are made from items which often get thrown away. It's such a wonderful way of recycling.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pillow out of scraps, what an original use of pretty leftover fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How precious. I love it. What a great way to use this adorable fabric. Smart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How gorgeous! I love this beautiful design! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it at WUW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, this is absolutely georgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I love the pillow! The colors are just gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing on Show and Tell!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I started making one last night. I bought a cheap pillow and then tacking each piece to the pillow. Actually went quicker than I thought. I bought half yard of some vintage fabric but had to go backa nd get another half of a yard. I will finish it tonight. Thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete