Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fuchsia Pink Bow


How cute is this linen Moses Basket!
The fuchsia pink silk ribbon makes it so special.
I used Dupioni silk so it is a bit stiff and is perfect to make bows.


Carol from Polka Dot Closet was wondering how long it takes 
me to make a Moses Basket from beginning to end.


I am very fussy, so I take my time.
This basket took two days to make, each day about six hours, that doesn't include the time I spend 
running around looking for the perfect colour pink...


I covered the handles with cotton lace and hand stitched them.


This is the flat pillow, first I stitched gathered lace, 
on top of that, lace to put the velvet ribbon through..
I gather everything myself, I use a simple machine.


I made a separate under skirt with double net so the skirt 
puffs out nicely. 


The sash and bow are hand stitched to the basket.


I'm glad I didn't have to crochet the edge myself!
That was store bought..


I love the grey crochet lace, I would love to find some more 
but alas, no such luck!
I will keep looking.


First I made this pink blanket and pillow but I prefer
the darker one.







Now the Moses basket is waiting to hug   
a precious little princess. 

Today I'm joining in with

Please come and visit.



12 comments:

  1. Hello Angela, this is so beautiful, it is so sweet and lovely, just like you said, for a precious little princess.
    Hugs,
    Laura = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, do you ever sleep, cause you create and create and create beautiful things, seriously, how do you do it?
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I figured it took you days to make a basket! I spend as much time planning and picking fabrics as I do actually sewing! This one is a little different, not quite as much lace, I love them all!! For grey crochet lace I wonder if you could try some custom dyeing with Rite dye, do you have Rite? Just thinking out loud because it is beautiful, but I have honestly never seen any grey lace before so I am sure it would be hard to find again.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Angela,
    I love so much your blog,all things are amazing,and I love to have some,when I have my own baby:)
    Love,love your blog.... Hugs and kisses,
    Marrya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angela, I do not cease to surprise with every creation you make! desided by combining the colors are beautiful! greetings, Rose Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Angela,

    What a beautiful baskets and blankets again. You are incredible!!! Love the darker one also better with this one. And your Moses basket stand; perfect too.

    Lots of love,

    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...traigo
    sangre
    de
    la
    tarde
    herida
    en
    la
    mano
    y
    una
    vela
    de
    mi
    corazón
    para
    invitarte
    y
    darte
    este
    alma
    que
    viene
    para
    compartir
    contigo
    tu
    bello
    blog
    con
    un
    ramillete
    de
    oro
    y
    claveles
    dentro...


    desde mis
    HORAS ROTAS
    Y AULA DE PAZ


    COMPARTIENDO ILUSION
    ANGELA LACE

    CON saludos de la luna al
    reflejarse en el mar de la
    poesía...




    ESPERO SEAN DE VUESTRO AGRADO EL POST POETIZADO DE CARROS DE FUEGO, MEMORIAS DE AFRICA , CHAPLIN MONOCULO NOMBRE DE LA ROSA, ALBATROS GLADIATOR, ACEBO CUMBRES BORRASCOSAS, ENEMIGO A LAS PUERTAS, CACHORRO, FANTASMA DE LA OPERA, BLADE RUUNER ,CHOCOLATE Y CREPUSCULO 1 Y2.

    José
    Ramón...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it!! This is a gorgeous and sweet project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's another gorgeous moses basket, Angela. I love the rose fabric you chose for the blanket.
    Hugs to you,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet Moses basket.I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Angela, this is so beautiful... love your blog.... Thanks for sharing your best efforts.
    platform beds

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no....
    I'm going to have to make a 3rd baby girl, mum...
    Darn... I want THIS one!!!
    Will you send it over.. and don't forget the stand please.
    Love you
    Yessy

    ReplyDelete